Schedule your in-person consultation today!


Help from a Small Claims Lawyer or Paralegal

If you need help from a Small Claims Lawyer or Paralegal in Richmond Hill, Vaughan, York Region and surrounding areas, contact  Rayson Legal.  

Have you been wronged by a neighbor, co-worker or other acquaintance? A Small Claims Lawyer or Paralegal may be able to help.  At Rayson Legal, we practice in Small Claims Court and have helped many clients recover losses due to property damage, loss or personal injury.  Whether you need to file a claim or defend a claim, we are here to help.

If you need assistance with a Small Claims matter in the York Region and surrounding areas, contact Hellen Geller of Rayson Legal today!  Our team has years of practice, a wealth of knowledge and can help you recover money and/or property which you are entitled to.

What Are Small Claims?

In the province of Ontario, a Small Claims is any claim for money or property up to $35,000 or less (not including interest and other costs).  Some examples are:

  • Breach of contract
  • Personal injury
  • Property damage
  • Unpaid accounts for good and services rendered
  • Unpaid loans or rent

For example, if you are a landlord and have had tenants fall behind with rent payments,  a Small Claims Lawyer or Paralegal can help you recover the money you are owed.  As for personal injury, we are a great ally when someone else is responsible for your injuries - from a car accident or due to property neglect.

What Do You Need?

In order to be successful with a Small Claims action, you need to summarize the event and explain why you feel you are entitled to compensation.  You must also provide as much evidence as possible to substantiate your claim.  Evidence may consist of photographs, witness statements, receipts or contracts, to name a few.

A Small Claims Lawyer or Paralegal can help you commence your Small Claim action by completing and filing the pleadings and gathering all of the documents and evidence necessary.  We are well versed with the practices and procedures prescribed by the Ontario Small Claims Rules.

At Rayson Legal, we are ready and able to help file or defend your Small Claims matter to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.  Call us today (416)630-5600 Ext. 1226 to schedule a consultation.



Landlord and Tenant Board

Commissioner of Oaths & Notary Publics

Landlord and Tenant Board


Governed by the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006, S.O. 2006

Issues arising from a Landlord 

and Tenant Relationship:

  • Eviction (Duty of Good Faith)
  • Guarantors
  • Jurisdiction
  • Landlord or Tenant Services
  • Illegal Rent, Rent Increase
  • Consistently Late Rent Payment
  • Damage to Rental Property
  • Renovations

Human Rights

Commissioner of Oaths & Notary Publics

Landlord and Tenant Board


The Human Rights Code protects all citizens both in the private and public sector in Ontario from discrimination with respect to the following, just to name a few:

  • Religion
  • Ethnicity/Race
  • Gender
  • Sexual Orientation
  • Age
  • Disability
  • Marital Status
  • creed

If you feel you have been wronged, give us a call to schedule a consultation.

(416)630-5600 Ext. 1226

Commissioner of Oaths & Notary Publics

Commissioner of Oaths & Notary Publics

Commissioner of Oaths & Notary Publics


We are Commissioners of Oaths  

& Notary Publics 

What is a Commissioners of Oaths for taking affidavits is a person who can legally administer an oath, affirmation or declaration within Ontario or outside jurisdictions as outlined by the Attorney General and as permitted by the Commissioners for taking Affidavits Act.

What is a Notary Public

  A notary public has all the powers of a commissioner for taking affidavits and, can verify that signatures, marks and copies of documents are true or genuine. Notaries are regulated under the Notaries Act.


POA/Traffic Offences

Commissioner of Oaths & Notary Publics


Are you owed money.  Contact us for your legal  and collection needs.  

POA/Traffic Offences

POA/Traffic Offences

POA/Traffic Offences


Traffic offences  and demerit points affect your driving record with the Ministry of Transportation which in turn may affect your insurance premiums.   

While fighting a traffic ticket may be expensive, not fighting it may cost you much more in the long run.

Please call to discuss your particular circumstance (416)630-5600 Ext. 1226


POA/Traffic Offences

POA/Traffic Offences


coming soon